Tuesday 25 March 2014

Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


I have been using this now for about 3 weeks and feel that it's been long enough for me to have formed a fair opinion on it.

I have never used cleansing water or anything similar before so I can't compare it to others, however in terms of makeup removal it does what it says on the tin. I use a cotton pad to remove my makeup and with one side for my face and the other for my eyes I find I really don't have to use much liquid at all - I'm sure the bottle will last for ages! Once used there is no residue left on my face - it feels like I could have washed it with water, just with better effects! I have also not noticed any breakouts or reactions (my eyes are problem area) which is a great bonus as I find some removers are too harsh for my skin!

However I do find that some mascaras can be a little more stubborn - and as a person who uses waterproof mascara I often find that after using the water there is still some makeup around my eyes but this could be because I am wary of putting to much pressure/movement around my eyes because they are very sensitive. Other than this the only downside is the smell. Having no fragrance added definitely leaves a weird smell when the water is drying. It goes away soon enough but it is rather obvious for a few minutes. However for the price - a mere £4.99!!!- I don't really feel like I can complain too much!

Now I guess it is on to France to try some Bioderma!

Have any of you tried this remover? What do you think?



3 comments:

  1. I was in France last year and JUST used up the last drop of the second bottle of Bioderma I bought while there :( I've been looking for this cleansing water but haven't seen it at my drugstores yet! URG! I've been reading mostly good things and really wanna try!
    Kallie - But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thats such a shame... it is deffo worth the price tag!! Hope you find it soon!

      Delete
  2. I've been using this too, I absolutely love it! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete