Thursday 12 June 2014

My Top Brushes

Brushes, brushes, brushes. A godsend for flawless makeup application but they do come with their problems. If you go too cheap the quality can be poor leaving your face covered in brush hairs and an uneven finish. However for many people, students included, top of the range brushes are out of the budget which means that hunting down reasonably priced brushes of good quality is a mission for many!


As a budgeting student I feel I am in a great positions to share with you what I have discovered along the way in relation to makeup brushes! Here are my top 6 brushes and some tips for buying them! 

1. Real Techniques Stippling Brush - a great brush for foundation and blush. I like the light effect it can give with blushes.

2. Real Techniques Shading Brush - a great all over eye brush. I use this when I need to be quick. 

3. Real Techniques Powder Brush - great for powder and bronzer. I think I just love Real Technique brushes!!

4. Eco Tools Blush Brush - stole this from my mum because she never used it. It is incredibly soft and applies and blends blush really well.

5. Paris AX 34 - concealer brush - I found this in TKMAXX at about £3! I don't use it to conceal but to apply eyeshadow as it work well for lining the eye and in the crease! 

6. Elf Small Angled Brush - a cheap and simple brush to help aid poor application of liner!! 

Tips:
- Always shop around when buying brushes, especially if you know what you are looking for. For example many of my brushes I have found in TKMAXX at a much cheaper price than in Boots or online. The packaging may be outdated but that's not what matters really! Also check out blog sales as people will often sell unused brushes and as long as you deep clean th before using them they should be fine!

- Know what you are looking for. I have often bought a brush on a whim and then found that it wasn't useful in my routine and have therefore wasted my money.

- Always have a look at blogposts reviewing brushes as they will more than likely give you an honest opinion on how the brushes perform. It will save you a lot of time and money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment